Christmas time is here and it’s the season for giving! But what does that mean? Is giving just about gifts, or is it more than that? How can we as believers act differently this season and encourage others from an eternal mindset. “He came for us, we go for Him”.
Category Archives: 2017
Authenticity in personal and professional life can be hard to juggle without a clear definition. This week we dive in to what that looks like, and some thoughts on Authenticity.
- Ephesians 4:22: You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self,which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
Today I share some thought on gratitude: how do we understand and apply it? Here’s the video I mention at the end: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxPWpLPN7A
Main verse today: “Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thess: 5:16-18
The English language almost does a disservice to the depth of the meaning behind “Thanks”. This week dive in to some thoughts behind ‘Thankfulness’
Select scripture from this week:
2 Corinthians 4:15
2 Corinthians 9:11
“When you live each day with intentionality, there’s almost no limit to what you can do. You can transform yourself, your family, your community, and your nation. When enough people do that, they can change the world. When you intentionally use your everyday life to bring about positive change in the lives of others, you begin to live a life of significance. Intentional living is the bridge that crosses the gap to a life that matters.” – John Maxwell
In this episode, we look at some ways to balance and integrate intentionality.
Selected Scripture for today
- James 1:22 But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves
- James 2:26: For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead
- Ephesians 5:15-17 ESV: Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore, do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
Today we look at some Thoughts on Posturing. How do you balance humility & self-worth? Pride & self-deprecation? This is something I’ve been wrestling with, and today we take a look at the 3 approaches to posturing and integrating business and faith.
Some scripture today include:
- Proverbs 16:18: Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall
- Jeremiah 9:23: This is what the Lord says: “let not the wise boast of their wisdom, or the strong boast of their strength, or the rich boast of their riches”
- Philippians 4:13: I can do all this through him who gives me strength
- Galations 6:4 Each one should test their own actions. Then, they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else
- James 4:10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up
- Proverbs 3:26: For the Lord will be your confidence and will keep your foot from being caught
Work & Life balance is a constant struggle, and when you add faith in to the mix, it’s even harder. Today we look at a couple ways to think about and apply balancing when faith is in the mix.
- Mathew 5:16: in the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good works & give Glory to god you Father who is in heaven
- Ecclesiastes 4:6: one hand full of rest is better than two fist full of labor and striving after wind
- Colossians 3:23-24: whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Today we delve in to 3 different ways to look at your purpose in life, and in business along with some action items that you can apply.